I have problems to view pdf files
When trying to open a PDF from a web-site using the PC version of Adobe Acrobat Reader 5, the browser either:
1. Freezes and stops responding to user input;
2. Crashes, giving an error message in a dialog box and then closes the browser.
1. Instead of opening the PDF form as you would do for a normal link, Right Click on the link to the PDF file and choose "Save Target As...".
2. Select an easy-to-remember location on your hard drive to store the file
3. Go to the location where you saved the form, and double-click the file to open
4. This will launch the Adobe Acrobat Reader
What is POF?
POF (Plastic Optical Fiber) has been developed by DuPont in the late 1960s as a medium for illumination. After 30 or so years, a new interest has emerged in short link cabling technologies based on multimode POF for multimedia and data communications.Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) is generally the polymer material for step index plastic optical fibers (SI-POF). Perfluorinated polymer (e.g. CYTOP) is mainly used in graded index plastic optical fibers (GI-POF). The attenuation of fluorinated polymers is lower than PMMA allowing higher performances.
POF offers a viable alternative to copper and glass solutions. At data transmission rates of 100 Mbit/s to 10 Gbit/s, POF can operate faster than usual copper wire and is not sensible to electromagnetic (EM) perturbation. The flexibility and the large diameter of POF, typically 200 mm to 1mm, presents a great advantage for plastic compared to glass. The fragile and brittle nature of glass optical fibers, combined with core diameters from 8 to 62,5 mm, makes it more difficult and costly to install and align than POF.
What kind of browser should I use?
Where are POFs used?
In the next five years, Local Area Network (LAN) is expected to become a fantastic market where GI POF might substitute a significant part of copper twisted pair and silica multi mode cabling systems.
Home networking is also expected to become a major market for POF, which will be driven in the digital age by the increasing audio/video and electronics games systems.